The Oregon Trail Handheld Game

  • RETRO PLAY - Authentic 80's graphics, sounds and game play just like you remember!
  • TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL - Based on the iconic computer game.
  • SHARE - Perfect for fans or collectors looking to share this classic with the new generation!
  • INCLUDES 3 AA batteries for immediate play! Age: 8+
  • Included: 3 AA batteries; ages: 8+.Care & Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean

This was a total waste of my very adult money... and I love it. Lol.

Can't stop dying of dysentary

My 10 year old grandson loves this game. He plays it over and over. He has successfully made it through the Oregon trail a few times but keeps playing. We love how educational it is and the great history based conversations we have because of it!

I was one of those kids that grew up in the 80's and 90's BOTH. I remember the feeling of walking into my 2nd grade classroom and seeing those old Apple computers in the corner, wishing I could play Oregon trail. My friend had one at his house too and we played that thing so much. All these years later, as a grown adult with kids, I can say with relief this game is still fun! My son and I really enjoyed playing it together. It's a great history tool for younger kids too. They packed all the fun of the old 80's computer game into this thing. The case has an authentic look. The power button is a floppy disk! I love it. If you liked Oregon Trail when you were younger or if you want a piece of nostalgia buy this. It's worth it. I will say that the hunting on this is super difficult. It's hard to maneuver and point. Don't let that discourage you, just be warned so you don't get frustrated. Still worth it.

The color screen is AMAZE-BALLS! It's so clear, the dysentery is almost palpable. For every mile your oxen travel, the more you can smell the foul, rotten, putrid stench of death looming for your wagon going friends. Not only is it maddening and exciting and terrifying all at the same time when your decision making is the only thing that can help keep your party members alive, but hunting for food is video game action at its finest. Your bullets are limited and the animal murders are no small task. What's even better, if you have to drop everything (in real life) because your pet lizard needs emergency gallbladder surgery, you can SAVE YOUR GAME! I have yet to reach the end of this dream come true of an adventure, but my GAWD what an amazing little handheld treat! I wish this device raised me instead of my parents.

I managed to miss the Oregon Trail in my childhood, I think it hit schools right after I made it into Middle School or High School so it was not something I grew up with; however, my wife did and she loves playing this game. Apparently I and our dogs die every time she plays but she always makes it to the end. I don't know if I should be worried or not because she only puts me and our dog's names into the game she won't use our kid's names... So from what I understand she is killing me and the dogs off at least once a week, while she makes it to her destination... lol The quality of the case is very good, the only issue I know that my wife had with it was figuring out how to put names in since you don't get a keyboard with this game just game controls, but even without using the instructions, I believe she figured it out in the first day or two after Christmas.

I loved playing this game as a kid in the computer lab in my elementary school days - and this handheld does a great job of recreating the original game! Seems faithful to the original, styled after the DOS version of the game. This isn't an emulation, but rather a recreation, and a pretty accurate one at that. I got this for $10 on Amazon, can't beat that price, and it even came with batteries!

As a retro gamer I would say this is well worth the price. Perfect emulation of the Apple IIe version as far as I can tell, with the exception of the on-screen keyboard to make up for the fact that you can't put a physical keyboard on a handheld. The directional buttons are a little awkward, and the small text might be hard to read for those with vision problems, but neither of these things ruined my experience with this game. The packaging is charming, and is clearly marketed towards older gamers who may have played this as kids back in the 80s. One thing that isn't obvious just from looking is that the floppy disc on the front of the game is actually the on/off button. Overall I am pleased with this, and would recommend it as a gift for older gamers and maybe their kids too.

husband got me this for Christmas. I'm a HAPPY GIRL. What a throwback. Graphics look great and sound is clear (it gets really loud!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Leo Horoscope January 02 (02/01)

Cressi Babie's - Toddler's Soft Reusable Swim Diaper | Babaloo: designed in Italy