Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Handheld HEPA Filter, and Anti-Allergy Seal (NV352), Lavender

  • Lift-Away Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas
  • Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter Traps 999% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
  • Powerful and lightweight Portable and versatile at only 125 lbs
  • Brushroll Shutoff Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
  • Swivel Steering Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture
  • The product comes with Wide Pet Upholstery tool , does not have pet power brush

This Shark is a very powerful, compact, and maneuverable vacuum! It pulls more crud out of my carpets than any other vacuum I've ever used. The rotating beater bar pulls the unit through even very plush carpets with ease - very similar to the feel of a self-propelled mower. It's a terrific value, but does have a couple of minor flaws: Power cord - Whoever determined that the power cord should terminate at the base of the unit needs a swift kick in the groin - daily! I'm constantly catching the power cord with my own feet and/or having to try to wrangle it up away from my feet. I understand that the modular design makes the cord placement challenging, but more effort needed to be put into managing the cord so it wouldn't be a perpetual tripping hazard. I'm convinced the fellow who designed this hasn't spent more than 5 minutes actually using the product. Also, the cord really needs to be another 6-9' longer since most "older" homes - y'know, those that pre-date the invention of the compact disc - aren't peppered nearly so liberally with power outlets as newer, more tech-aware homes. Vacuum hose - It's a small gripe, but that vacuum hose could sure stand to be just another 12" longer or allow a bit more stretch.

We had one of the little Shark Navigators (Dark Blue). It was a fantastic vacuum! Had we been able to replace the worn out brush roller, we would still be using it. This machine is, like the Navigator, a fantastic vacuum and is only about $30 more than a new Navigator. I find absolutely no fault in its performance or handling and a replacement brush roller is available when this one wears out. Like our other Shark, this roller bites deeply into carpet and really cleans! The tilting head makes "walking" the vacuum in tight places very easy. Canister removal is easy as is the "dumping" feature of it. The filters are easy to get at and wash as is the canister itself--I squirt a little Dawn in it, fill it with hot water, block the vacuum hole with my hand and swish. I wash the canister and hang it to dry when I wash the filters. I would like to have 6 more feet of power cord and onboard storage for the long crevice tool and large upholstery brush, but these are only suggestions--not complaints.

When my previous Shark blew up, I was seriously bummed. But when I got this model I realized it was a blessing in disguise. This baby is GREAT and puts my old stick vac to absolute shame! It sucks up dog hair from 4 inches away! It has a suction adjustment feature! The canister opens from two sides for dumping debris! The brush tool allows me to dust EVERYTHING and it has been a life-saver as I've dealt with drywall and construction dust from a recent home repair / remodel project. It also gets dog hair and dust off of my micro-fiber sofas!!! Seriously, where has this been all my life? Another reviewer mentioned that the vac falls over when you're using the hose, and while I think they have improved the vacs balance, it does happen if you do not hold the canister - which is super light and easy to carry, so I just handle it that way (and feel like a Ghost Buster while I'm at it). The hose isn't super long and it's a little stiff, so I have to hold on or hold the canister down to stretch it anyway. The hose tool (long and narrow) is ridiculously long and awkward to use but I DON'T CARE because the vac is amazing. I often just don't use this tool but use the hose as-is. I have hardwood floors and carpets. Love love love this vac.

My six year old Dyson Animal is getting long in teeth so I thought I’d trythe Shark. I don’t know which has more suction, but the Shark has enough to do a great job. Both have similar design issues regarding tipping over when using tools. I find the Shark may be better regarding tipping, because you can lift off. The Shark is nicer for doing carpeted steps, because it is lighter. I love my Dyson, but the Shark is a very nice machine that is doing a great job replacing my Dyson.

We really need a great vacuum as wife has severe allergies. Our old H--ver was much heavier and the wheels/axle wore out and cannot be bought so we got this Shark on advise from professional house cleaners. Extremely versatile and easy to use as it is very light and can be used as a wheeled or carried vacuum (It comes apart so easily one can carry it up a ladder.) The rug brushes are pre-set and the plush adjustment is made by twisting a knob near the handle, no need to bend over ! Very easy to clean and service. No more bags to buy either. Need to extend it? No more looking for lost extensions as the extension IS the neck. Press a button and it pops off ! The folks that invented this lightweight, versatile and powerful device were certainly thinking outside the box.

We've had our Shark since December 2014, or over two-and-a-half years. When we first got it I thought, wow, this is light and plastic. Wondered how it would hold up. Also, it was so different from old-school vacs. Taking it apart and putting it back together is not intuitive. The answer is, it is holding up great. Nothing shows ANY signs of wear. (This is for normal household cleaning.) All the plastic connections are still solid as can be. No worn connections at all. It is easy to take apart and put back together. And with the HEPA filter it smells good when you vacuum. Just clean the two prefilters once every three months. Simple. Clean the HEPA filter once every two years. (Whoops. I just noticed this in the owner's manual. But I took off the filter and it shows very little wear. However I know it works because the air still smells clean when I vacuum. Absolutely, positively no smell of dust like, you know, "old-school vacs.") This is the lightest vacuum I have ever used. You would not think something so light would hold up, but it does. This is after two years, eight months of use. It is actually FUN to vacuum with this thing.

We just vacuumed our bedroom about a week ago. I’m astonished by how much our old (useless!) vacuum missed! I was originally upset that my son broke our old one and we were forced to buy another but I’m glad now!!! One sweep through of ONE ROOM, just our bedroom and walk in closet produced enough filth to go well over the fill line. My carpet feels truly clean under my feet. We just purchased a new shampooer, too, so I’m anxious to really get our house looking new again!

Wow. I never knew what a good vacuum could do until I bought a Shark. Dyson? Forget it. Kirby? Eat your heart out. This thing is a dream. Lightweight, versatile, powerful. After 3 months of use, no loss of suction, even though the filters are probably pretty clogged by now. Goes from carpet to bare floor with the tap of a switch. Picks up pet hair, cat litter, dust, crumbs, coins, cat toys, small bits of hardware, sawdust, cobwebs. . .if it is big enough to fit in the tube, it ends up in the canister. The filters can be cleaned with soap and water. My experience with bagless vacuums up to this point were less than exemplary, up to and including Dysons that cost 3x as much. Really the only thing that I have used that is similar to this thing is a shop vac, and those you have to replace the filters pretty regularly to maintain properly. Did I mention it was light? Easy to carry around one handed when you need to use the attachments to get the cobwebs out of the corners of your ceilings, or the dust off your fans. The canister and motor detach from the base so that you can use it in confined spaces easily, like a car. The attachment selection is a little light, but what you do get, combined with the portability, weight, and size of the unit more than make up for it. Hands down the best upright vacuum I have ever used, much less owned. One caveat, the suction on this thing is so strong that when you are pushing it across carpet, it feels like a much heavier vacuum. Not a bad thing in my book though.

I went over the low-pile rug that I'd cleaned with a crappier vacuumed two days ago. The amount of dirt it pulled out from that rug was unbelievable (picture below).

Holy Moly! This vacuum made me remember why I chose that carpet! My old vacuum was doing a good job, or at least I thought so, but it and I were showing our ages. I especially wanted a lift-away capability, since it was getting harder and harder for me to drag the old vacuum up and down the stairs. I truly believed I'd been getting good results with the old Hoover EmPower until the first time I used this. Amazing! I could not believe how much dust and "schmutz" was being lifted out of my supposedly well maintained carpet. Assembly was no easier or harder than other small appliances that I've purchased. There are a couple tiny drawbacks, none enough to cut my score down from 5/5. They fall into the "minor inconvenience" category rather than being considered real problems: The cord is rather short, but I knew what I was buying. The real cord issue for me is that I had to hold it up while in use. There is a hook/holder, but it doesn't really keep the cord from being run over. Since this cord design is necessary for the lift-away function, I won't complain. The dust receptacle is rather small, but as all the old, accumulated dust is removed, I probably won't need a bigger one. It is a bit hard to see where the dust level is in the receptacle. And it isn't all that great on my tile floors, but I don't really intend to use it there anyway. Do I love it? Absolutely. Any regrets on the purchase? None. Would I recommend it? Already did - called my sister and raved about it within an hour of receiving and using it for the first time. Is it a good value? It was a bit pricey, but the performance justifies it. Definitely worth every dollar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Leo Horoscope January 02 (02/01)

Cressi Babie's - Toddler's Soft Reusable Swim Diaper | Babaloo: designed in Italy

The Oregon Trail Handheld Game